The Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa Program draws its direction and leadership from institutions of higher education across Africa and the United States. It is governed by a board of prominent leaders in higher education, which brings a vast range of topical and area-specific knowledge and experience to the program. The Board provides guidance for all program activities; its members serve on the selection committee for the fellowship program and they provide vision for the program’s ongoing development and expansion.
Current Board Members
- Jimi Adesina (Unisa - Professor and Chair of Social Policy)
- Akosua Adomako (University of Ghana, Legon - Professor of African and Gender Studies)
- Steve Akoth (Executive Director, Pamoja Trust)
- Alcinda Honwana (Open University - Professor and Chair of International Development, Africa)
- Sarah Ssali (Makerere University - Senior Lecturer in Gender Studies)
- Charles Ukeje (Obafemi Awolowo University - Associate Professor in the Department of Politics)